The Block at New York Comic Con

I loved everything about the new York Comic Con since it was my first big convention. But... I have to admit that the part that really made me go crazy was The Block. Why is that? Simple. The Block "brings together art, design, collectible toys, pop-tech and fashion of the underground pop culture scene along with the tastemakers, trend setters, artists, thinkers and the brands that they create" as described on their brochure at the event.


  



Intersting things about The Block is that you actually get to see the artists working on some pieces or interacting with fans and other artists as well. For example Tokidoki's Simone Legno (creative director and co-founder) was at the Con on Sunday giving autographs to some lucky fans. I think that was awesome.

Simone Legno


Other artists that I spotted at the venue where Jeremiah Ketner (I knew him by smallandround) and Tara McPherson (taramcpherson). I tried to take photos of the but they were both working at the time with the public and art at the venue so I didn't want to bother. So here are the "photos" I have of them. In fact Jeremiah Ketner and Aaron Martin (Woes) were "neighbors" at the convention. Aaron Martin also shared spot with JRyu (sniperjryu).


JRyu

This was Woes space at the Con
Jeremiah Ketner (smallandround)


Here are some of the things I got at The Block. (FunkoTokidoki and Woes print)








Other cool finds at The Block.... 

  


 



Comments