Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Home...

A few years ago I was looking up for quotes related to home or house'cause I wanted to do something for my living room but not your regular Carry On poster or whatever. I found this awesome quote by Michel Eyquem de Montiagne and I knew it was the right one and that it could start a conversation with visitors. 

I'm not going to lie to you. I had no idea who Michel was but with google to the rescue as always I found out he is considered the father of essays... gladly I never had to do one but reading his bio he made a lot of changes to what essays used to be as a writing form and even after his works where published  he manage that people recognized it as a literary form. So yeah he did lots of interesting things back in 1580. He had an interesting life...and yes a lot of wars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2004–2016 REAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

All photographs, written content and design are the sole property of the site owner unless otherwise indicated.
Respect others creativity. Thanks!
Please see the FAQ page for additional information, including policies and disclaimers.