Monday, November 30, 2009

Getting the Christmas Spirit

I know some people love Christmas season but I am not one of the. I have my own reasons. Still that doesnt mean I dont like decorating.

Since now I can do whatever I wanna do as in choosing the colors, etc.Perhaps now that I am on the second floor alone I should get the Xmas fever and start decorating the house. The other day I went to party city and saw lots of things that I liked but didn't think I should spend money on decorating for Xmas if no one would see all the hard work after.

Then I just decided  that I wouldn't decorate this year cause I had no parties planned in my house but my mother told me she invited a few people over for Christmas day to have dinner in my house. Umm yeah. So that made me get in the "spirit" of decorating. I will try to be make it unique and more like me. Very different from what people are used to see.

I will make it a Black/White Xmas decoration with some blues, grays and wood tones. I always wanted a wreath but not a green one I wanted something different and I have seen a few on the internet. I came across this tutorial on The Red Thread and made it mine departing from her idea. I had some scrapbook paper left and a cardboard some glue and black lace. Which means that the cost of the whole project was NONE. I had everything in my house. Total win!



I cut the paper in strips to make a ribbon look on the wreath. After that you just keep gluing all the paper doing whatever you feel like doing. Just have fun. Mine took me 3 hrs to do just because I made lots of details but it was all worth it. I didn't even felt the clock moving. So yeah I had fun. If I get to do more XMas decorations I will keep posting them.



1 comment:

  1. That is really cool!!! I recently found you on twitter... you have a new fan! :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2004–2016 REAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

All photographs, written content and design are the sole property of the site owner unless otherwise indicated.
Respect others creativity. Thanks!
Please see the FAQ page for additional information, including policies and disclaimers.