Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh, Sparrows.

I like tattoos. I like sparrow tattoos. I think I first saw sparrows tattoos on Mark McGratch shoulders back in 1997-99 [perhaps]. Loved that guy he was gorgeous. After that sparrows became kind of the tattoo trend at the moment. Truth is that they are gorgeous when they are well done. I have never seen real sparrows in my life, yet.

Therefore I decided to make a sparrow in a bag but I need the pattern to make that. So I decided to make another cushion [smaller 7.5in. wide x 4.5in tall]] with a sparrow. It is the first time I use this "technique" of embroidery. First i draw the sparrow from an image i saw on the net. Then made a photocopy of it a bit smaller. Later on I traced it on the felt. There you have it. The colors were maked with sharpie markers. Three hours on this baby 'cause of the embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2004–2016 REAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

All photographs, written content and design are the sole property of the site owner unless otherwise indicated.
Respect others creativity. Thanks!
Please see the FAQ page for additional information, including policies and disclaimers.